Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Then came the rain!

And other things we take for granted.

After I finished the last post I had about 30 minutes before I had to come downstairs. I had been sitting in the lounge with Winfrey, Rick and Paul. We were all working on our computers, thanks to the guys who got the wireless connection fixed, and watching soccer. When I got to my room I noticed how dark it was getting outside. A thunderstorm had blown in and within 10 minutes there was thunder, lightning and rain. We still headed over to the venue and started to try to get things done. It rained off and on for the next couple of hours.

I didn't realize how far North we are. It's not getting dark until close to 9:30pm and I could see light outside when I woke up this morning at 4:45am. I don't think the sun was up, but it was light outside. I heard a couple of the guys talking about the winter months. I can't imagine the short days. Sun comes up at 10:00am and sets between 2 or 3pm.

I haven't thought much about the things I take for granted. Here are a couple of examples:
1. Ice for soft drinks
2. Free refills
3. Smoking indoors.
4. Air Conditioning

I know that all of these are really superficial but they have made me stop and think. I thank God for the blessing of being able to be outside of my little world and see life here. I'm grateful for all that He has provided.

Off to bed now. We have an early call (7:45am) in the lobby. It will be a busy day tomorrow.

Enjoy the fireworks.

Happy 4th of July.

No comments: