Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Day 2

You may be asking yourself, "Do we ever work?"

Well yes, yes we do. This is my 3rd post today and I'm trying to play catch up. We have 20 minutes until our next lobby call. This time things should be in a better place for us to get some work done. Here is the view from my hotel room: (Click on the pictures to load larger images)
Just got a message that our call was moved back another hour so I should be able to finish this post.

Here is the view from the field:



Ok, one more. This will look very similar, but I have noted the location of my room.

Ok, with the extra hour, it is safe to say that we have to much time on our hands. By the way, this is not the "normal" set up for Franklin Graham. It happens that George Michael has a concert on Monday night, 24 hours after our last festival. The use of some of their equipment was negotiated and they will be setting up at night after we are done with our programs. Sunday night as we are loading out, they will be loading in their 25 trucks worth of equipment.

That's all for now. It looks like I can grab a quick nap before our lobby call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay,

Now I know how to post comments. I was wondering why I ended up sending you an email last time.

Take care

Jim said...

No worries. I added the links option so we could email links from a specific post. I hope it will help out in the future.

stevievan said...

Jim, I was staying at the Rus Hotel in 2005, on the same side facing the stadium. IN the middle of the night, I was awoken and thought that the hotel was falling apart!

There was a huge thunderstorm outside, and the thunder was reverberating throughout the stadium, which only intensified the sound and reflections. Made each thunderclap last about 10-15 seconds...

Thanks for the pictorial memories.