Sunday, July 15, 2007

JTA Theme

I was able to get into a couple of books on my last trip and one of them was Holy Discontent by Bill Hybels. I got the book for Fathers day from my mom, (Did I say thank you?, thanks mom). It is a really quick read but it did what good books do and made me think. That's not what this post is about. In Chapter 3 Bill is talking about Your "One Thing". Bill goes on to talk about one main verse that talks about "why we are here" on page 51. He quotes Ephesians 2:10, " We are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do!"

That is our theme verse. I think that is cool. It's a good reminder that God has already prepared the way for us. It's also cool to stop and think that we are His handiwork. Created in His image. He created us to do "good works".

I'm glad I'm able to do them with you. I look forward to the road ahead.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Really well said. That verse makes me think of the Keith Green song that he wrote from that passage. It's beautiful.

stevievan said...

Jim, your leadership is great. I wish I lived in San Diego and was on your team. Miss you duder...

Jim said...

Thanks Becky and Steve.

I'm glad we are all on the same team! I do wish you were closer.