Sunday, October 28, 2007

I miss my grass

I know what you are thinking and shame on you...

Of course, that is one of the things I love about making up blog titles. I've talked to Heather about this post a few times and she thought that I did it already. If I have, please forgive me but I didn't see it so here you go....

I miss the grass that we used to have in the backyard. It wasn't much, but there is something was something about going out to mow what little there was that opened up the floodgates of my thinking. Maybe they weren't really floodgates, but I seemed to get a fresh idea or two. Maybe it was some clarity on a current issue, or a thought from God.



Now that most of the backyard is concrete there is no need to mow. Just keeping co weeds, which is an endless job, thanks Adam, that doesn't take quite as much time as getting the mower plugged in and ready. My friends back east would give me grief when they calledntrol of the and I was mowing. For most of them, mowing is at least a 1/2 days worth of work on a riding mower. No comparison to my 15 minutes or so pushing an electric mower.

Out in the yard today, I had a thought... It's coming next...

No comments: